If you have an HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system in your home, you will have a need for a repair company once in a while. Whether you need an immediate repair or if your system needs a tune-up, you want to find a reliable, affordable repair service. But there are so many HVAC companies out there. How do you know which one to hire? There are some basic qualities that a trustworthy heating and air service company should have. Be sure the company you hire meets at least the basic requirements.
- Licensed. The company you hire should be licensed by the state in which they are offering services. Each state has certain requirements for licensing. In Charlotte you need a company licensed by the state of North Carolina’s Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating, and Fire Sprinkler Contractors, which requires the license holder to pass a test and have a minimum amount of on the job training. You can check licensing requirements here through Angie’s List or here at the Board’s website. South Carolina also requires licensure, and those requirements can be found here.
- Experience with your system’s brand. HVAC companies tend to specialize in a few brands of heating and cooling systems. Most companies can repair any brand, but they will be more knowledgeable if they have experience with your brand and model.
- References. You should definitely ask for references before hiring any company. A reliable business will have a list of references readily available to vouch for their customer service. Be sure to call and check on these references to make sure they are legit.
- Reasonable Pricing. Of course you want to find affordable service. But you may want to be wary of the lowest price you find. A company offering rates way below the average for the area may be having trouble finding and holding onto clients due to poor customer service. Large nation-wide companies tend to be priced higher simply because of their name. You will most likely find the most reasonable price from a local business.
- Certified Technicians. Technicians should be NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified. In order to be certified, technicians have to pass testing and be recertified periodically to stay up to date on current HVAC technology.
- Credibility. Read reviews online and check the company’s status with the Better Business Bureau. If you do come across a negative review, consider the source and the situation. Some people may complain about things that aren’t that important to you. One bad review could be excused, but multiple negative reviews with no positive ones could mean you should avoid the company.
Andersen Heating and Cooling is a Reliable Charlotte HVAC Service
If you are in need of HVAC repair or maintenance in Charlotte and the surrounding areas, Andersen Heating and Cooling is a name you can trust. We meet all of the above criteria and our technicians provide excellent customer service. When you invite Andersen into your home, you can rest assured that we will respect your home and family. We will service your heat and air conditioning efficiently at an affordable rate. Andersen has been serving Charlotte and the surrounding area since 1984 and we have built an excellent reputation and customer base. Request service online or call 704-596-2525.
For more information on hiring an HVAC service: https://www.angieslist.com/articles/how-hire-hvac-expert.htm