When you are in need of HVAC services in Charlotte, it can be difficult to weed through all the businesses out there to find one that is reliable. One way to assess a company’s customer service is to check their rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). The BBB assigns letter grades A-F to businesses based on certain criteria including customer complaints and complaint resolution. The BBB routinely checks licensing and other requirements of businesses to make sure they are still in compliance. Failure to keep licensing up to date or resolve complaints leads to lowering the business’s rating. You can find out a lot of pertinent information about a business from the BBB.
The categories that relate to the quality of service offered by a business are:
- Complaint history. This category is based on the number of complaints filed to the BBB by customers in relation to the size of the business. It also considers the response to said complaints by the business; whether the complaints were handled in a sufficient time frame and to what degree of satisfaction to the customer. As time goes by, older complaints carry less weight.
- Type of business. If for the any reason the legitimacy of the business is in question or if any part of the business’s practices are in violation of the law, the BBB rating will be negatively impacted.
- Time in business. The longer a company has been in business, the better for its BBB rating. Unless proven otherwise, it is assumed that the business was started upon the date of its first interaction with the BBB.
- Transparent business practices. If any business is not forthcoming about their services or products, or if the business’s address is false or unavailable, it lowers their BBB rating.
- Licensing and government action. If at any time a business does not maintain competency licensing, its rating will be negatively impacted. And if any government action is taken against a business, whether major, moderate, or minor, its rating is affected. Older government actions affect rating less than newer actions of the same type.
With all of these criteria that go into a business’s rating with the Better Business Bureau, you can feel quite confident about a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating.
Andersen Heating and Cooling has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
Andersen Heating and Cooling is proud to be accredited by the BBB. With a superior rating of A+, Andersen provides excellent customer service in the HVAC industry. We offer repair service, maintenance, and installation of heating and cooling systems. Proudly serving Charlotte and the surrounding area since 1984, Andersen Heating and Cooling is a name you can trust. Request service or call 704-761-4417.
For more information on Better Business Bureau accreditation: https://www.bbb.org/council/overview-of-bbb-grade/